Emergency Management (MA)
The Management of Emergencies program (MA) provides extensive knowledge of financial, managerial, legal and economic notions that give students greater and better opportunities to gain knowledge, to understand current practices and problems in overall banking, finance and in management.
Objectives of the program:
- To provide a systematic understanding on management of Emergencies problems,
- To provide conceptual tools for analysing and evaluating various managerial and financial problems,
- To provide critical awareness of current research methods in the field of management and finance,
- To provide students with opportunities to develop their own hypotheses, regarding various aspects in management and finance,
- To provide a stimulating environment through providing study materials.
Expected study outcome
Graduates in Management of Emergency (BA) will be able to:
- Demonstrate profound insight into contemporary business management approaches,
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between people, institutions and organizations in emergency situations that need the management of disastrous situations for citizens’ life, institutions, wealth, development and the environment.
- Demonstrate readiness to take managerial positions,
- Realize citizens’ requirements in difficult disastrous situations and prevent different situations which can turn into disasters if nothing has been done.
- Describe the position of the management role and the impact of managerial actions on the development of disastrous situations and their prevention,
- Analyze disastrous scenarios, develop strategies and create cases for decision-making on a burden of organizational positions,
- Analyze the importance of preventing disastrous consequences, etc.
Study program structure, study conditions, level, module, credits
The program of master studies in the field of Emergency Management lasts two years, respectively four semesters for those who have completed the three-year system (180 ECTS) of basic studies.
Courses in semesters are compulsory and elective, while for each semester students are required to choose from one elective course. Each compulsory subject that has been successfully passed the exam will bring the student 6 (six) ECTS credits. In the fourth semester, students will have practical work and practical research and the topic of the diploma in function of professional and scientific training which also have a certain number of credits.